16. You should carefully think over_____ the manager said at the meeting.
A. that B. which C. what D. whose
17. Last week I wrote to the hotel to book a room, but they _____ yet.
A. didn't answer B. wasn't answering
C. hadn't answered D. haven't answered
18. Diana felt very much upset at _____ to the party as she had longed to go for a long time.
A. having not been invited B. not having been invited
C. not to be invited D. to be not invited
19. On no account _____ held responsible for the car accident, so he should not be put into prison.
A. the driver can be B. can the driver be
C. the driver be D. be the driver
20. All the kids are crying now. What_____makes them so unhappy?
A. it is B. is it C. it is that D. is it that
21. Unfortunately, the package I was expecting was _____ to the wrong address.
A. written B. given C. packed D. delivered
22. _____by a large audience, he felt very nervous and didn't know what to say.
A. Watching B. Watch C. Watched D. Having watched
23. I'm very grateful for your help and hope to do something for you_____in the future.
A. in exchange B. instead C. in return D. in particular
24. I can ____you that the animals are well cared for in our zoo, so you needn't worry about them.
A. suppose B. assume C. assure D. grant
25. The drowning boy made a _____ attempt to catch the rope thrown to him.
A. dangerous B. graceful C. gentle D. desperate
26. If we_____early tomorrow morning, we will reach the coast before dark.
A. take off B. set off C. set up D. take up
27. A lot of people mistake John for Bill because they _____ each other in appearance too much!
A. weave B. utilize C. reveal D. resemble
28. When there are cordial relations between the two countries, we mean there exists a_____ relationship between them.
A. friendly B. hostile C. fertile D. complicated
29. The patient's recovery was very encouraging as he could_____get out of bed without help.
A. only B. almost C. me'rely D. hardly
30. At the job interview, Mr. Brown gave a good _____ of himself and finally got a job as a salesman.
A. opinion B. idea C. cry D. account
31. As is well known, eating too much fat can_____heart disease and cause high blood pressure.
A. add to B. attend to C. contribute to D. apply to
32. A club is a place to make frequent_____with friends.
A. accounts B. attempts C. contents D. contacts
33. _____the obvious differences in size and population, the states of America have many things_____ common.
A. Although; on B. Though; in
C. Despite; in D. Because of; on
34. Scientists say it may be five or six years _____this medicine is tested on human beings.
A. since B. before C. after D. when
35. With larger numbers of graduates than ever before, just having a degree will no longer be enough to make you _____in the crowd.
A. stand up B. stand by C. stand for D. stand out
36. The doctor tried to do an experiment to find out the_____of the medicine on the mice.
A. cause B. result C. reason D. effect
37. This is only one of the laundries in the district modem equipment.
A. that have B. which have C. that has D. what has
38. Skating can be good for you _____ correctly.
A. though doing B. though done C. if done D. if doing
39. By the end of last week 611 people from 49 countries to attend the meeting, with nearly half coming from the United States, Germany and Britain.
A. had registered B. have registered
C. registered D. were registered
40. It was suggested that____big event like the Year of Russia in China should certainly benefit_____relationship between the two countries.
A. a; the B. the; a C. a; / D. the; /
41. Although he knew little about the large amount of work done in the field, he succeeded_____ other more well-informed experimenters failed.
A. as B. unless C. what D. where
42. Having been praised by the teacher, the little girl ran back home, _____.
A. happily and satisfied B. eager and excitedly
C. happy and satisfied D. anxiously and excitedly
43.—How are their talks going on? Have they reached any agreement?
—They only seemed to have agreed to set another date for __ talks.
A. deeper B. slower C. further D. higher
44. _____ ten minutes earlier, you wouldn't have missed the train.
But you were late.
A. Had you come B. Did you come
C. Have you come D. Should you come
45. Having been told that her son died in the accident, the old woman
appeared very calm, as if nothing _____.
A. happened B. were happened
C. was happened D. had happened
16. D. what (宾语从句缺主语)
17. D. haven't answered (现在还没有答复)
18. B. not having been invited (介词需要带动名词或名词作宾语，该动名词需要使用被动语态)
19. B. can the driver be (被选项中出现了两个倒装结构，所以考倒装)
20. D. is it that (what is it that...是一个强调句型，意义为“究竟是什么...”)
21. D. devlivered (递送)
22. C. watched (句首非谓语主要考分词，分空格后无宾语，因此答案为过去分词)
23. C. in return (作为回报)
24. C. assure (保证)
25. D. desperate (绝望的)
26. B. set off (出发)
27. D. resemble (象)
28. A. friendly (友好的)
29. B. almost (几乎)
30. D. account (陈述)
31. C. contribute to (导致)
32. D. contact (接触)
33. C. despite, in (have ...in common/有...为共通的东西)
34. B. before (before引导的时间状语从句)
35. D. stand out (脱颖而出)
36. D. effect (effect...on../对...的影响)
37. A. that have (定语从句现行词含有only时，定语从句只能由that引导, 先行词是复数意义，所以从句谓语动词用复数：have)
38. C. if done (课堂中有针对这个考点的专门的口诀)
39. A. had registered (曾经登记)
40. A. a; the (第一次提到“大事件”， 因此其前面应该用不定冠词， relation是 特指，因为其后面带有定语， 因此relation前面需要用定冠词the )
41. D. where (where引导的地点状语从句)
42. C. happy and satisfied (这个并列结构在句中作状语，相当于being happy and satisfied)
43. C. further (进一步)
44. A. had you (虚拟条件句的倒装结构)
45. D. had happened (课堂中讲过happen是不及物动词，没有被动语态)