1. A. child B. church C. chemist D. chest
2. A. thread B. through C. thank D. those
3. A. light B. bright C. cough D. night
4. A. worse B. horse C. force D. north
5. A. white B. whose C. whisper D. wheel
6. Have you ever been to the museum was built last year?
A. which B. where C. when D. what
7. I’m glad that I can have a holiday.
A. five-days B. five-day C. five days D. five day
8. Please speak loud, or you never make yourself .
A. hear B. hearing C. to hear D. heard
9. How strange it is the children are so quiet.
A. whether B. how C. that D. why
10. The book is worthy of .
A. read B. having read C. being read D. reading
11. Can you believe that in a rich country, there should be many poor people?
A. such, so B. so, such C. such, such D. so, so
12. Neither his brother nor his sister to be friendly.
A. appear B. appears C. are appearing D. is appearing
13. There will be a TV broadcast of the press conference tonight.
A. alive B. lively C. living D. live
14. – You look very beautiful in that black dress!
A. No, not so beautiful.
B. Really? I don’t think so.
C. Thank you. I’m glad you think so.
D. That’s not true.
15. is a fact that English is a world language.
A. There B. It C. This D. That
16. I am arriving 9 a.m. Oct. 4th.
A. at, on B. at, in C. in, in D. in, on
17. My bike has broken down. I will have my father it.
A. to repair B. repairing C. repair D. to be repaired
18. A horse is useful animal.
A. a B. an C. the D. very
19. ! The train is coming!
A. Look into B. Look for C. Look out D. Look at
20. Hurry up, you will miss the train.
A. and B. or C. neither D. either